Μετά από αρκετές σκέψεις, μετρήσεις και μερικά λαθάκια, η ψήκτρα στον Ασύρματο του Simplex Repeater, ένα Baofeng UV-5R, έτοιμη.
Ξεκίνησα με μια ψήκτρα 100x100x18mm. Και με αρκετό λιμάρισμα κατάφερα να πετύχω το τελικό σχήμα. π.χ. η λοξή τομή στο μπροστινό μέρος έγινε για να περνά η μπαταριοθήκη γύρω από την ψύκτρα και να κουμπώνει.
Continue reading “HAMsmithing – Simplex Repeater στο Κουτί!”
Well after a lot of pondering and measurements and some small mistakes the heatsink for the handheld is done and installed, in my Simplex Repeater in-a-box
I started with a 100x100x18mm heatsink. A lot of filing for the multifaceted final project was done. i.e. the oblong cut on the front is there for the AAA battery case to pass over and lock. Let alone the radio’s back was also complex with three levels of.
Continue reading “HAMsmithing – Simplex Repeater in-a-box, DONE”
I am one soldering away from finishing this thing, my collapsible VHF Yagi.
Here it is in transport configuration.
Elements are stored between the two nested tubes that form the beam
Continue reading “HAMsmithing – Collapsible Yagi Antenna. Almost Done, to be Redone!”
This build is almost done.
It is just a Baofeng handheld connected to a Surecomm simplex repeater device and a DIY Li-ion battery pack.
The box is -for the time being- a metal cookie box with added lid insulation. I favor the material, ‘cos it allows heat dissipation.
Continue reading “HAMsmithing – Simplex Repeater in-a-box”
Some time ago I organized my radio gear in small kits.
Each one is completely self contained, including all relevant items.
i.e. The wire dipole kit contains both the antenna, its coax cable, possible coax adaptors, plus the necessary cord, zipties etc to mount the antenna. That method requires a lot of duplicate items (i.e. coax cables) and material, but it is easy to use without worrying about forgotten items. let alone there is lot of redundancy in the system, a fetish of mine.
Now it is time for labeling the contents in each bag plus coloring for fast access.
As always, if you liked the contents of the blog, please share…
Years go I started an ambitious project. to make a collapsible Yagi antenna that its parts would store inside a section of the cylindrical boom. After making a working model of it on a piece of 1×2 wood length I put it on the hold cos I was not satisfied with the way the driven elements would attach.
One step forward by and I have this.
Motherboard Standoff/Risers, screws, ring terminals and nesting sections of PVC pipe.
I just hope it will not take a year more to finish it.
A week ago I has a try of my Walking Stick/Antenna Mast made of PVC pipe. My plans changed down the road and the test was limited to the antenna fitment/adapter section of it.
I had it redone to fix a dimensional mistake, and so I took the chance to grab some photos of the whole stick/mast build.
This is how the two sections are connected together. They are 25 and 20mm electrical conduit pipes cut a bit longer than usual waking baton length (you will need the extra length walking downhill).
Continue reading “HAMsmithing – DIY Walking Stick/Antenna Mast”
By the end of each January it is Winter Field Day time. Where HAM operators run their radios under field conditions. Some are as bold as to do this on the wild, in a tent on the snow.
Inspired by the concept, I had my own version of two days ago. No, I do not do HF yet, and it wasn’t actually winter. Over here we have a spell of spring-like sunny days on the last third of January, and that day it was 14 degrees C at 3000ft.
So I took the road to the gazebo I frequent somewhere on our mountain. I had taken most of my VHF equipment with me and a new DIY antenna pole to test. Also scheduled were cutting two new wire dipole antennas, using the RTL-SDR receiver with my phonen and maybe testing my simplex repeater too. And add some bush crafting in the process.
I spend Friday and Saturday making the pole and organizing my gear.
Continue reading “My own take into Winter Field Day”
A note for the foreign readers. The same article will appear in English very soon.
Κάθε χρόνο προς τα τέλη του Ιανουαρίου διεξάγετε ένα διεθνές ραδιοερασιτεχνικό event, όπου οι ραδιοερασιτέχνες μεταφέρουν τον εξοπλισμό τους έξω, στο ύπαιθρο, και τους λειτουργούν με ότι μέσα μπορούν να κουβαλήσουν. Το event έχει και διαγωνιστική χροιά, αλλά ο καθένας μπορεί να μετέχει όπως μπορεί.
Δυστυχώς δεν κατάφερα να συμμετέχω αυτό το ΣΚ, αλλά χθες πήρα τον εξοπλισμό μου και κατευθύνθηκα προς το συνηθισμένο κιόσκι κάπου στο βουνό μας.
Σκοπός μου ήταν να δοκιμάσω ένα νέο ιστό κεραίας, να κατασκευάσω 2 νέα δίπολα και να τσεκάρω την λειτουργία ενός ακόμη, μακριά από τον ηλεκτρονικό θόρυβο της πόλης, αλλά και να περάσω καλά.
Όλα ξεκίνησαν με την προετοιμασία του εξοπλισμού μου. Για πρώτη φορά θα έπρεπε να πάρω μαζί μου σχεδόν το σύνολο του και θα έπρεπε να τον οργανώσω κατάλληλα.
Continue reading “Το δικό μου Winter Field Day”
So, after putting my cell phone in to use and running RTL-SDR radio listening apps, it was time to make 2 antennas for the dongle, the original one being Poor.
So I got me a coffee, nerves of steel, and started soldering on two MCX window Connectors for RG-174 cables.
The wire was sourced from a surveillance camera installation cable. It has 3 single conductors and a coax wire that seems to be RG-59 75ohm one.
Continue reading “HAMsmithing – DIY Receive-only Antennas for RTL-SDR Dongles”